Monday, June 30, 2008

Enjoying this moment

It's been a long time since I've graced this blog, hasn't it? While I like to wax poetic here with the goings on of our little family, summer activities keep us hoppin'. I have tons to catch you up on... little by little.

::Amanda::

So last night, we had some down time after church, so we played the Somebody Anatomy Game. (Thanks again for getting this for us, Julie!) Amanda had a blast and produced a zillion questions beyond my measly grasp of anatomy. So we went online and printed out some anatomy coloring sheets, which Amanda excitedly colored in bright strokes. Fast forward a few hours right before bath time. Amanda had a furrowed brow and the telltale look of anxiety. "What is it?" I probed. "Momma, could you please empty the bathroom trash?" she pleaded, holding onto my legs. I walked over to the bathroom to look into the trashcan - in it were the coloring sheets that she so painstakingly had colored. "They're scaring me."

The offending body parts:



Ron and I did our best to refrain from bursting out laughing as he walked the scary body parts out to the garage. But of course the camera had to record the event. {wink}

At this point, I don't think Amanda will be choosing medicine as her profession. But go figure, as Daddy is a bit squeamish of blood, especially his own. We'll see how her interests develop.

::Abigail::

Abby spent an hour in the Play Center at our local Rec Center while Mommy worked out. Upon returning to pick her up, the ladies that care for her and the other children commented that her true colors are showing. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Oh, she's been chasing other kids down, trying to take away binkies and terrorizing them." No hiding it now... she's definitely got some Korean blood in her.

I am having too much fun watching these girls grow. I don't know how much longer I can stifle these laughs. I just might burst.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I get to be the first to comment! Too cute--I love the story about the body parts. And, I'm not suprised about Abby, these 2nd children must learn early to fend for themselves!

Anke said...

Too funny! Watching kids grow up is such an experience! Nice you finally updated your blog!!!! (just kidding)

Jen Wolff said...

Kids say and do the darnest things! Your darling daughters are hysterical!

Carol said...

Love your stories. Poor Amanda, hope she doesn't have any bad dreams about body parts (if it had been me, I would have).

Great to see your blog updated, pressure is on now as we will be waiting for another lol

Donna S. said...

Love the Binky story. Sela told me the other day is she sees the little boy with curly hair and her pink binky she is "taking it back". The laughs are great aren't they?!

Template Design | Elque 2007