Saturday, November 24, 2007

Stephanie (scarson) has a challenge for you! 11/25 challenge

I'll let Stephanie direct this one. She wrote:

"Here is my challenge for Sunday. It was a little harder than I expected but I think that it has lots of potential for use in future layouts. I found it on Ikea Goddess' blog, http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/2007/05/ribbon-wrap-tutorial.html.

She explains how to wrap ribbon around an object. I think after working through it I should have wrapped the ribbon around the entire frame instead of just one side but...I'll have to do that with the next layout. :-)

My example:

credits
Paper - Katie Pertiet's Drawn Harvest
Frame - Sueli Colbert's Moment Kit
Ribbons - Traci Sims's All Tied UP and Little Dreamer Designs
Font - The Maple Origins at DaFont.com
Leaf - Weeds & Wildflower's Playing with wire/autumn

On behalf of Stephanie, have a wonderful time learning. And be kind to yourself as you come face to face with your learning curve. I've learned to deal with mine which is oh-so-steep-and-vicious!!!

Heather

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh, Stephanie! I was playing with the idea of trying this tutorial, but lost my nerve. Now I get to do it with you and the rest of the gang!

Thanks, and what a beautiful LO you've presented to us.

Stephanie said...

A couple of things that frustrated me with the Burn function was first and foremost I couldn't find it. It turns out that I had to hit the letter "o" a couple of time to get the Burn option to show up. Also, I zoomed waaaaaay in when using the Burn option so that I could see the effect because I couldn't tell what it was doing--if anything--viewing it at the regular size. I'm telling ya, it took me at least 3 times to get to this end product and I am not 100% satisfied. Off to practice more. :-)
Good Luck.

Template Design | Elque 2007