Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bwahaha!

My Abigail is almost 2-1/2 years old, yet she has no interest in saying goodbye to her diapers. I've decided not to sweat it too much - but boy do those diapers get more "fragant" by the day. She's okay with peeing in the toilet, but she likes to hide and do numero dos in the diaper. Total TMI, I know.

I wanted to share this video I found at the Yahoo! Korea Children's site on the subject - silly Koreans! (I can say this, because I happen to be a silly Korean myself)

야후 ! 꾸러기 동요

꾸꾸야야의 응가 송 혼자서 응가, 응가해요 응가해요하나 둘 셋 끙끙끙 하나 둘 셋 으쌰..



Click on the button to begin the video - it's in Korean, but you'll get the theme right away. It's too funny! Someday my Abby will be completely toilet learned, right? Please tell me it will be so. Otherwise I should look into buying stock in Depends adult "undergarments".

My friend Denise says this is disturbing. :D

7 comments:

lime said...

Too cute!!!

Denise said...

oh my gosh. cute? i don't know. disturbing. yes!!!

Of course...we regularly wave goodbye to the poopys when we are potty training...so maybe we are disturbed as well.

Those Koreans. lol!

Jen Wolff said...

Wow!!! Poopig and counting. Two very important skills (hehehe). LOL!

Lisa said...

Hee, hee! Quite the little video clip. :)

Our oldest DS was 3 1/2 before I ventured into potty training territory with him. Our oldest DD and youngest DS were both a couple months past 3 before I started it with them.

So when I started venturing into potty training territory with our youngest DD last month a couple weeks before her 3rd birthday, it felt early to me. But she will be going to preschool two mornings a week this fall, so it was time. I knew if I waited until August it would be too stressful.

We had a couple messy days to start, but after that she started to catch on pretty quickly. She gets to put stickers in a little notebook. Every day is a new page, and I write the date at the top of the page. She gets to put a little star sticker (picture those little tiny incentive chart stickers that teachers use) in her notebook whenever she goes potty in the toilet/potty chair. She picked out some puppy and kitty stickers that she likes, and she gets to put one of those in her notebook whenever she does numero dos in the toilet/potty chair.

Over the past month we've progressed from Pull-Ups to training underwear to just a few days ago the real "big girl" underwear. She picked out Elmo and Zoe underwear at Target. :) At night she still wears a Pull-Up to bed, although many mornings it is still dry.

And yes, I took a picture of her holding that last diaper that she was ever going to wear. (Am I a scrapbooker or what? LOL) It was a very significant diaper. I've been buying diapers for almost 10 years! But not anymore.

Good luck! Abby will get there. :)

Anke said...

I agree with the disturbing, they even count them :) My kids had a ball watching it several times, squealing and laughing! Thanks for the chuckle and don't worry, she'll get there on her own time

Gabi said...

Katrin didn't want to even hear about potty and then suddenly she was without diapers in just 1 day during the day and 2 months later totally (she was 2 y and 4 months old).
Once her time comes, she will surprise you :)

We are doing great, thank you for stopping by, Heather!

Gina said...

Why am I not surprised Koreans would animate something like this? I've come across stuffed anmials ddong somewhere. ahaha

Template Design | Elque 2007