Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sculpey is the new black

Last summer, Amanda and I had the pleasure of spending a few days with our good friends, Julie and Brooke and their family. Julie is an amazing woman (and an amazing friend) that has homeschooled her children for a number of years - in fact, she gave me the courage to homeschool this year... let's just say that I owe a debt of gratitude to her.

Well, they happened to have something called Sculpey lying around, so we started playing with it - glorified Play Doh, I thought initially. NO. This stuff is amazing. We had so much fun (I had more fun than the kids) that I promptly went to the store after we got home and bought a pack.

The other night, we attended a nearly three-hour school meeting that was open to both parents and children. But this meeting was not for children. It's a good thing that I schlepped the Sculpey pack into my purse at the last minute or Amanda would have been so bored. She made twelve little items that we brought home and baked.

This is one of the little flowers she created:


Try this at home with your kids, and take some photos and share them with me! This is a great open-ended creative arts endeavor. Hope you have fun!

3 comments:

Anke said...

Sculpey is awesome!!! her creation is so adorable and your shot is just wonderful! Sounds like you are so very busy anymore, I feel like I am missing out on what everybody is up to anymore, busy here myself!! Keep up the great work!

Jeanne said...

Ooohhhhh...looks like FUN! Fantastic shot! Thanks so much for sharing.

Neverland Scraps said...

I love Sculpey!! My girls have so much fun with it. They have a whole cansiter of creations that they've made. Love the photo that you captured!

Template Design | Elque 2007