Friday, November 28, 2008

Stop #3 - ScrapMatters' Black Friday Freebie Blog Train

Welcome to my part of the world, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! My family and I are actually out of town, visiting the grandparents to celebrate Thanksgiving together. Our hotel room view is just spectacular.

No amount of words truly embody the gratitude I feel as I contemplate all I've been blessed with. The material possessions are the least of the blessings... all the wonderful people that surround me in love, all the great experiences that I have under my belt... all I have in my life is exactly what I need. Thank you, Lord, for your blessings.

When we return home from this trip, my daughters and I will begin the exciting preparation of our home for Christmas. We love unraveling our {fake and pre-lit} tree and adorning it and the rest of the home. The girls have their own {lavender} tree they hang their handmade ornaments on. The advent calendar will be ready to unveil its goodies, and all throughout the house, you will be enveloped in Christmas music. I am unabashedly thankful for the true story of Christmas and will recount it nightly with my girls at bedtime. A frenzy of baking will scent the air of all things delectable!

I love this time of year.

To thank you for stopping by, I want to gift you this CD holder, made of our fabulous ScrapMatters collaboration kit, Comfort and Joy:



(Click image to download) edited: no longer available - thanks!

I actually got to design a paper and an element for the jam-packed Comfort and Joy kit - needless to say, I'm thrilled to be in such good company. You know how great the designers are at ScrapMatters.

And here is a layout with paper I designed - the precious little girl pictured is the daughter of one of my good friends, Brenda:



My blog is stop #3 - you should have visited the following stops already:

ScrapMatters Team Blog
Andrea's blog
Britt's blog

Your next stop is at Australia, home to my friend, Sharon. Tell her I sent ya!

Have a great time picking up all the goodies on this blog train - they're quite spectacular, really!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the CD holder! It pretty cool! Love your layout too!

Brenda said...

Heather, thanks for the goodies. I'm amazed you can get this done while on vacation no less! And your layout is so sweet (and the paper gorgeous). Even sweeter to me because you used a photo of a little girl so precious to me--thanks for the honor of having my photo used on one of your beautiful pages and for conveying the message so well.

Jen said...

Thank You. Happy Holidays!

Joanie said...

I love this CD case wrap. Very nice. I've never heard of a Freebie Blog Train... sounds like lots of fun to me. (I'm glad that I have your blog on my google reader!)
{{Hugs}}
Joanie

M u s s said...

HI!!!!! :D
Thanks so much for this FABULOUS idea!!!
HUGS!!

Phyldar said...

How cool is this - thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thanks so much!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh my gosh this is so cool! Thank you :)

I am also in the Pacific NW and we are darn foggy today! lol

Hope your time with your family is wonderful

Pattycakes said...

Love, love, love this...Thank you! :)

janedoe said...

Oh Heather, you have such a beautiful way with words! Love your unique CD holder too. Have a fun time preparing for the holidays with your wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this beautiful gift!
Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year - looking forward to all the preparations.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea for all the DVD's or CD's I might make for family. Thanks.

Lori Crouch said...

Thank you for the CD holder, as well as the card project. I love them both. Also, your picture of the two little girls running towards the white house was spectacular! The joy and movement were eminently evident. It filled me with joy.

CT said...

Thanks for the CD holder - Now I have to come up with a CD gift - this is so cute!

Kim said...

Thank you for a great CD holder! I love printables :)

Vestidadelmar said...

This is so cool. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Heather - what a cool CD holder! And I, too, am a lover of the true Christmas story!! My hubby reads it from Luke 2 every year!!! I's so special. We started a new tradition last year with our What does God want for Christmas set. Love it!

LivE said...

Hey, my dear old friend! I've been sooo busy lately, but I just wanted to drop by and say that I saw your name on the ScrapArtist blog (right at the top too, YEAH!) and I wanted to say congratulations, and I'm so proud of and happy for you! Way to go, girl! I'm going to need a lot of time to catch up on your blog and check out all the wonderful glorious things you've been doing with your time... but just wanted to say, YOU ROCK, girlfriend!

Have a GREAT day! :D (((hugs)))

listgirl said...

Hi Heather! It looks like hybrid really suits you! You've created some AWESOME projects. And congrats on your new photography/cardmaking business!

Dawn said...

Happy,Healthy,and Safe Holidays to you and your family!!!
BostonDawn

Template Design | Elque 2007