Thursday, February 7, 2008

More about me

My friend Lori tagged me, thinking you might need to know more about how interesting I am. ;) My last 7 random facts are here - 10 more facts, here goes:

1. I am very left-handed. It is a detriment at times (like when I used to get ink on my hand because I was smearing as I was writing), but an advantageous tactic in sports (I used to have a killer spike that people had a hard time reading in my volleyball game).

2. I am the oldest of four. My brother would tell you that the correct statement would be that I am the bossiest of all sisters on this planet.

3. I've had numerous dreams that have come true. The last one involved one of my friends getting married!

4. I have an over-the-top fascination for crafts that I don't yet know how to do. Call me crazy, but I pour over blogs and other websites that involve knitting, crocheting, quilting, all stuff I hope to learn some day but know nothing about. :)

5. I *heart* my front load washer and its equally amazing partner, the dryer. I've never been so happy to do laundry before, especially when I can program the washer to turn on in the wee hours of the morning so that when I wake up, the load is ready to be put into the dryer!

6. I might be homeschooling my DD#1 this Fall. Still going back and forth about it.

7. My preferred method of communication is written over spoken.

8. In high school, I was freshman class president, sophomore class president, and ASB vice president. (such a nerdball)

9. I had to move high schools during the second semester of my junior year. It was the pits.

10. I want to visit the Greek Isles someday! :)

Okay, Lori. I've done my part! :D

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Thanks for playing along. Love your picts of Bryce Canyon - we are headed that direction next week. Can't wait to get out of all this snow for a bit!

Jen Wolff said...

I would love to homeschool my children and my older boys beg me to as well! You've seen as an educator what goes on in the schools, yikes! My boys are advanced learners as well and I'd like to have them learn at their ability level. I don't see as much differentiated curriculum as I'd like to see with them (at no fault of their teachers). They also have plenty of outside opportunities to socialize with peers.There are pros and cons to both as you well know. I would be soooo envious (in a happy sort of way) for you and you DD if you did!!

Ljonezy said...

Love your facts! The snow pics of beautiful. Don't miss shoveling it a bit though! I can hardly wait to see the rest of your honeymoon trip pics!

Ann said...

Wow nice tag answers. You are so interesting and creative! Now I want to know how to get my little picture to appear with my post to the comments in blogs. How do I do that? huh?

bodegalee said...

Hey Heather!
Thanks for coming by my blog! And thanks for your sweet comments :)!

Our family came together thru adoption and my children were all born in Korea. Thanks for sharing about you! My original blog "Crazed" has more "kid" stuff on it as well as homeschooling (noticed you maybe homeschooling next year!)
The Korean First Bday kit by Helena Jole is amazing and so wonderful! I used pieces of it to send some stuff to Andrew's foster mother (our baby). She also has some wonderful "New Year" kits... I'm also on a CT and can share that that designer will also have a Tol kit coming out soon :)

http://bodegalee-bodegalee.blogspot.com/

Love LOVE all your pics! You're an amazing photographer! :)

Leigh

Kimberly White said...

Heather - thanks so much for all your love and support on my blog! You are wonderful! Just wanted to say that your digi layouts are absolutely gorgeous!
Love Kim

Ann said...

Got my picture. Went from dashboard, but I thought was sure hard to find. LOL Let's see if it posts on this comment. Thanks Heather for staying with me on this issue.

Unknown said...

Hey, Heather! Loved reading your facts. You should definitely find someplace to take a knitting class. I love it! My mom tried to teach me a few years ago, but it wasn't until I took a class while pregnant with baby #4 two years ago that I finally learned. Of course now that I digi-scrap, too, I bounce from craft to craft. Although most of my time has been spent digi-scrappin' lately...

Oh, and I've done a teensy bit of crochet, and I'm a wannabe quilter. Just can't fit it all in yet... :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the creative team...you are so wonderful! love your blog, pics, etc! I'm gonna watch you go to the top! *hug* thanks for all of your encouragement over at NWR! michelle

Mystic Faery said...

Thank you
Have a great time.
I have some very sick kids today so I can't write much.
I will talk to you soon.

Cheri said...

I'm thinking you need to do a SB page of the washer and its amazing partner, the dryer...with Valentine's paper/embellies...should you choose to accept my private little challenge, please post your results here:) LOL!

Seriously, I didn't know you could program them!? I'd be in love too! My set is from 1997...I'm in the laundry dark ages here.

Kari said...

Love your facts!! Totally agree on the front loaders - I *heart* mine something fierce!!

Carol said...

Heather your facts were really interesting. Know what you mean about the left-handedness. I am the same and always smudged my work, and as a teacher can't use the whiteboards so many of our schools now have as I smudge them too.

Love your snow pictures in a previous post, they are stunning!
Carol :-)

Jackie said...

Wow..great job telling us more about you ;) It is fun to know cyber-friends this way :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, this is old and I just happened to find your cricket-filled blog. Lovely photography! I'm sorry about #9 and I dimly recall #8 & #1. You did make my day brighter as a co-conspirator in math, though I can't recall what you looked like as you left no traces =)
Best wishes to you and your family!

b (who sat next to you in crappy maths class)

Heather said...

Dear B, I would love to know who you are! I don't have a contact for you... would you email me at hi_c74 at hotmail dot com ?

Template Design | Elque 2007