Thursday, January 10, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Did it snow on Tuesday! In the last three and a half years we've lived in Nampa, we've never had such an onslaught. Some of you in Wisconsin or Illinois might be snickering, but to us, it was significant and glorious. I almost don't mind shoveling it. Almost.

While Abigail was napping, Amanda and I ventured out into the Wild White Yonder - right in our front and backyards - and here are some moments I was lucky to capture:

(click on photos for larger images)









"Mommy, the snowflakes land everywhere except on my tongue - my face is getting tired." (Nothing a little hot milk with marshmallows can't fix)
-Amanda

6 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Hi Heather! Amanda looks like she's having a good ol' time sampling the snow! Great photos! The fence photo has a really interesting perspective to it!

LivE said...

Wow, heather, those are amaaaazing and totally fabulous photos!!! Way to go, girlfriend! Also love the photos of amanda (she reminds me of my niece), and especially love what she said about the snowflakes!

I hope you don't mind, but jeanneT over at our playground tagged me, and I had to find really nice friends who wouldn't kill me for tagging them in turn. (You're not armed are you? LOL) The instructions are in my blog--sorry for the hassle and thanks for being sweet enough to accept! (i'm being presumptuous, i know, but doesn't it want to make you accept? LOL :D)

(((hugs))) and have a happy day!

Mrs. Umina said...

Those are great pictures. You have such a good eye for photography.

Jackie said...

Oh these pictures are too cool...

Sujin said...

When did you get into photography..they are very artistic. VERY IMPRESSED!!!

I miss you and Ron! I haven't actually met your little angels yet, but I bet they are just perfect!

Ljonezy said...

Your photos are incredible. I love the shot of your daughter trying to catch snowflakes. I know what she means about them landing everywhere else.

Template Design | Elque 2007