Friday, February 19, 2010

Running alongside her growth

Today is my Abby's birthday. And for some reason, I keep choking back tears. She's getting so big.

I'm proud of the spunky little girl she is. Yesterday, we had a funny little conversation. It was initiated because I accidentally scratched her with my ring while helping her put on her coat.

Mom: "Oh, ouch! I'm sorry I did that. It was an accident."
Abby: "You weally should be cayfow (careful)."
Mom: "I know."
Abby: "Mommies need to be gentow (gentle) with widdle gohs (little girls)."
Mom: "Yes, ma'am."

While I sat down to make a layout reflecting my jumbled feelings (lots of joy mixed in with the tears), I realize that I just need to run alongside my kids the best I can.



No doubt the hormones are doing a number on me. :)

We've all been quite busy with the birthday party preparations - more on that later!

Happy birthday, Abs!

7 comments:

Denise said...

I totally relate. They grow up so fast. I wish I could keep a pocket version of all them! lol!

Denise said...

oh! and Happy birthday!!

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! I completely understand how you feel and I like your comment on running alongside as best you can. That pretty much describes it! You have a wonderful way with words, sweetie.

Anke said...

Give that little one a big birthday hug from me! I totally get your feelings, I look at my girls and I wonder where the years went! They grow up so fast and you are so right about your observation! Love them!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! We can't wait to celebrate with you tomorrow.

Aja said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little girl! And she's right, we should be gentle with little girls. Kids are so wise sometimes...

Tezra Williams said...

OK, yet another thing we have in common. Feb 19 my Micah turned 5 :)

Saw your comment on my blog, I love that you come by to visit me!

We got my Alorah Lyndria's name from the movie Willow. It is actually supposed to be spelled Elora, but we didn't know that at the time and came up with our own spelling which I still like better :)

The origin is Hebrew and means "God's Light" which I absolutely LOVE as she is a beacon of the Lord's light to all around her.

She has never been teased for her name in fact she is complimented on it all the time. The only thing that bugs her a bit is people that mishear her and call her Laura. I remember when she was 2 people would mispronounce her name and she would respond it's AAAAAAAA-Lorah.

She read your comment and smiled at sharing her name with another sweet girl. We've only met one other Alorah.

Template Design | Elque 2007