Sunday, February 8, 2009

Be strengthened -


MercyMe - Bring The Rain


Bring the Rain
by Mercy Me

I can count a million times
People asking me how I can praise You
With all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on You, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer
through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny

So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather! I needed to hear that again!! I can be so thick-headed ...

Amy said...

Heather! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. You are so sweet and I'm so glad you commented. It means more than you know to hear that Alexis' story has touched you. That is my goal...to have as many people as I can know about Alexis and learn from her...to make her life mean something because she was real and was here, even if it was only in my womb and so brief. Thank you for this song you posted too...it reminds me of this blog of a mom who lost her little baby also, she uses this song as her theme, her blog is called "Bring the Rain"...you can find it here: www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com

Thank you again!...isn't that kit that Leslie, Jenn and Megan did adorable?! They are amazing!

Unknown said...

Heather, where you at?

Angela2932 said...

This is beautiful, Heather! At first, I was taken aback by the idea of "bring the rain", but really enjoyed reading through/listening to this song, and felt much solace from it. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers! AND I got a chance to scroll through your photography; you've been doing some very beautiful work, and I applaud your courageously stepping into wedding photography! I'm expecting we'll be just fine in Grand Forks, and things are looking a little better for Fargo, ND right now, but there are many, many other cities/houses being taken by the river(s) in the midwest right now.

Unknown said...

Heather, are you ok? Haven't seen you for so long!

Ann said...

Beautiful. I have been remiss about my blogging but am blogging agin drop by
woodsmoke-pinewoodtoo.blogspot.com

Template Design | Elque 2007