Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bejeweled steps

"Finally, I can tell you the secret," Amanda said, as she pushed something into my hand. A folded paper and something wrapped in colored tissue. "Happy Mother's Day," she sang in a cloyingly sweet pitch.

This is what she presented me with:






Backtrack a few days: Amanda came up to me, as if taking my order, with notepad and pencil in hand, and asked, "What colors do you like?" I told her I currently like blue, green, and white. She wrote furiously, pausing only to ask me how to spell the word white. Then she scurried off and shut her bedroom door. "It's a secret! Don't come in here!"

She had asked so she could make my Mother's Day gift.

When I opened the card, she had drawn this little picture of us:
Blogged

Abigail also presented me with a gift of her own. She suddenly began walking. And walking. And walking! At almost 15 months, she has finally found her wings. :grin: I now anoint myself CHASER of TODDLER.

The catch in my throat has not gone away since this spectacular Mother's Day. And I hope it never will.

11 comments:

Gina said...

that is ADORABLE!!!!! =)

Jen Wolff said...

It sounds like you had a great day! Yeah! I love pre-schoolers/kinder phonetic writing! It's absolutely precious! I am so glad to hear both of your girls gave you such special Muthers Day gifts!

Unknown said...

That is just the sweetest! Your post got me teary eyed...don't you just love their unconditional love and how free they are with their feelings? Thanks for sharing. I'm off to go hug my kiddos :)

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day you had! The bracelet is so pretty and love your new title!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

awww!!! amanda is so amazing! you are doing a great job! happy belated mother's day!

Donna S. said...

so sweet. I LOVE your blog - it always makes me happy!

senovia said...

Hi!! Long time no comment ;) I love your blog, your digi scrapping is so great, and I love coming here for inspiration! Thank you!

Nicky

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Wonderful!! I just love this ENTIRE post. You have some great girls there!

Carol said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day. A gorgeous present and don't you love watching toddlers walk (well I do because I am not chasing one lol)

Jackie said...

Glad you had such a great Mother's Day...and that picture is so great of you two

Cheri said...

That's the best kind of present!! Amanda has such an adorable little personality:)

Get ready for a busy summer with Abigail walking all over the place!

Template Design | Elque 2007