Thursday, April 24, 2008

Memoir of days spent well

Over the river and through the woods...
...to Grandparents' house we go! Ron and the girls tagged along with me when I went up north for work, and together we had a chance to visit Ron's parents, Ngeen-Ngeen and Yeh-Yeh. (For those of you familiar with the Nick Jr. cartoon, Ni Hao Kai-Lan, you know that Yeh-Yeh means "grandfather". And yes, the other word means "grandmother".)

Here is Amanda at the first rest stop, where she nervously sat near the caution sign:


From L to R: Abigail, Ngeen-Ngeen, Amanda, Daddy, and Yeh-Yeh


We had a chance to visit with some old friends, K and her son, N:



She lives right next to the hotel we were staying at! K was Amanda's infant room teacher, and my co-worker.

The five days zipped by mercilessly, and before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye and pile into the car for the five-hour trip home. (For those friends in the area we didn't get a chance to see, please forgive us! Too much to do in very little time. We'll be back soon!)



The first two hours, all three girls snoozed while Ron drove. The next two hours we played games and listened to kids' songs ad nauseum. The last hour was rough on the Crabigail. Poor thing wailed most of the way home. But ah, so good to be home!

Amanda's debut
Amanda performed at her first recital a few weeks ago. Here she is, doing her thing:



Amanda and her fabulous piano teacher, Ms. Kelly:



I think she might have been the youngest participant - she certainly was the smallest. But oh-so plucky! :)




Miscellaneous
I was pretty excited to hear that one of my layouts was published in the April 08 edition of Bella Scraps Magazine. I received a copy, and I had to check for myself for proof! Cool.

More layouts to share:


(click on any image in this post to enlarge)


Go here for layout credits. Photo frame is from the Moonrise at Waikiki Oscraps Mega Kit.

18 comments:

Ann said...

Really nice pictures. This was an interesting blog. Loved hearing about your trip.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Awesome pictures and totally cool pages! I just got back from a trip and can't wait to see what you guys did over at DID while I was away!!

About the question you asked over at my blog, just email me at kelleigh at ifservices dot org and I will give you that information!

Terri said...

Just stopped by to say hello Friend! Good to hear your stories. I love to see photos of your adorable girls!

Question for you: what do you think about your bind all? I'm debating. I go back and forth all the time. Feel free to email me at
terridothurbis at sbcglobal dotnet

Anonymous said...

LOVE your "Oh Happy Day" LO! Absolutely FANTASTIC job on the extractions!

Katherine B
one of the spragirls ;D

Anonymous said...

Your daughter looks so cute playing the piano. It makes me want to enroll my daughter...is 2 1/2 too early to play?
Great photos.

Jen Wolff said...

Congrats on geting published! How exciting!Looks like you had a great trip! I think I need one! Amanda playing the piano reminds me of when Jared Had his 1st recital. He, too was the youngest and was so tiny amongst all those big kids. What an awesome experience for her!

Angela2932 said...

Congratulations on your publication, Heather! I love how your week 4 Digi in Deep lo turned out. And it's so sweet to see your daughter playing the piano! Ours is quiet in our house now, with my dd off at college. (boohoo). Heather, when you get a chance, check my blog listing for today (4/27/08). There's something on it for you!

Carol said...

Amanda sure is a brave girl sitting long enough for a photo in an area of snakes!
Your photos are gorgeous and Amanda sure looks adorable playiing the piano.

SusanD said...

I especially love the piano recital pics! The are so dear and Amanda is so intensively dear.

I appreciate you visiting my neglected blog. I have been out-of -town, also. Hopefully Next week I can get back to a routine of scrapping, blogging and a favorite finding out about you GF;s through your blogs!

Anke said...

Awesome pictures, Heather. I love how you used frames to display them! Your DD is so adorable sitting there in front of the snake sign!
Thanks for visiting the other day, loved having you!

Chrystal said...

fabulous pictures! Thanks for sharing!

I LOVE your week 4 DID layout. Just gorgeous!

Dawn said...

LOVE your pictures!!! great way to present them...so important to visit grandma and grandpa (seeing that i am one..hee)
dewnie

Kimberly White said...

So so proud of you Heather! WOOHOO on being published! Looks like you had a wonderful trip - love those pics! Hope you have a wonderful day my friend! Thanks for sharing your beautiful art! Kim

Cheri said...

Congrats on being published! Love the look of all your photos here in the cool frames. And glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a true delight you are?!! I love the photos of Amanda playing the piano...and you getting published! Way to go, woman!! I like the others you blog hop to, absolutely LOVE the "love" that you leave on my blog! Thanks for the amazingly sweet spirit you exude wherever you...go/touch!!

Unknown said...

WOW, well done on being published! Its a beautiful LO! I am so behind in visiting blogs so just wanted to say hi! Love your photos!

Donna S. said...

Great pictures!
Love the Slide in the Week 4 LO for DID!

Gina said...

Your daughters are adorable, I love them. Can you tell Amanda that her "jag emoh" says hi and that I'm very proud of her, and point to Abby and say "youuuu" for me. haha. Oh yeah, I'm proud of you too, look at that amaziiingg work. i definitely can't do that! good job fun!

Template Design | Elque 2007