Thursday, March 13, 2008

Absent no more

Ah, it's good to be back. Had to take a hiatus to finish some things up.

Learning environment at home

We've been considering homeschooling as an option for Amanda's kindergarten if she doesn't get into one of three local charter schools. To be honest, homeschooling sounds so exciting yet scary at the same time - not because I think Amanda would suffer socially (this is one of those ignorant assumptions about homeschooling that we should all throw out the window), but because I don't know if I can carry it out the way I conceptualize it in my own brain. So, I've decided to give it a "test run" until July. Regardless of what type of schooling situation Amanda gets to be a part, you'd better believe I'll be all over it. And supplementing her schooling with a strong learning environment at home is a goal I wish to gift to both children.

New curriculum? Check.
Excited little Amanda? Check.
Organization? Oh Lord, please help me.... :)

Some layouts

Here's one I did using my friend Liv's Esteban Adventure Kit:


And one using Andilynn Designs' Waiting For Summer Kit:


Credits here for this next layout:


Using Lisa Habisreutinger's Springalicious Kit:



Thank goodness for warmer weather!

Ron and the girls have been going out to our neighborhood park regularly to take advantage of the nice weather we've had. I decided to follow along on Saturday:





Abigail has let us know that she wouldn't mind taking residence at the park. Look how happy she is there:



And it's a good thing the weather is allowing us some outside time, because folks, we have a climber on our hands, and the house is slowly falling apart:


Abby likes life on the kitchen counter and tries everything in her power to be there.

(Click for larger images!)

5 comments:

Gina said...

i was waiting for an update-- horray!!!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Heather, I can totally empathize with your anxiety to homeschool. I have my Masters in Education, however I am not convinced that I have the patience, skills, organization or desire to homeschool my kiddos. I taught middle school, so I'm not used to the elementary thing. Thankfully, I have one more year of preschool to think about it!

Love your layouts and your photography rocks!!

Kari said...

For some reason I am not getting any pictures or LOs showing up ... but I'm sure they are FABULOUS!!! Glad to see you taking a breath yourself ;) Hopefully I'll actually get to blog again soon (heaven knows I've had enough go on in the past few weeks to post about)!! Thanks for always stopping in for a visit :)

Mystic Faery said...

I hope school goes well. Once you get into it. I have a feeling you will never want to go back!

We just finished kindergarten TODAY!! Woo Hoo and it's such a great feeling!! I have control as does Ashlynn to go and do as little or as much as she wants! It's an amazing journey.

There are days you will want to give up, but if you stick with it, you will see the rewards above and beyond anything you could imagine!

Good Luck.

p.s. I also can't get any pictures to come up.

Jen Wolff said...

Heather, I am so envious of the choice you have for your daughters. Homeschool done right is a awesome and beautiful expereince! I had the fortunate privilege of being the kindergarten teacher for both of my sons! It was the one of the greatest gifts I gave my children as I was unable to be a SAHM or homeschool. My little boys never once called me mom, in fact they sometimes called me Mrs. Wolff at home. My boys have some friends that are homeschooled and every now and then they ask me when they get to be homeschooled. They're so busy with extra curricular activities that I feel it'll be a great experience for them not to mention I could teach them at a faster pace. Giving it a test run is an awesome idea! Glad your back to the blogging and digi world! Beautiful LO's!!!

Template Design | Elque 2007