Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm still here!

How does a month glide by so fast? Family is doing well, all things considered. We have so many things to share that sometimes it's not a reality to cram them all into one little blog.

Amanda's a happy clam in second grade. One of her closest friends is in the same homeroom, and well, that just makes for a lot of merriment for a second grader. Mom's busily attempting to keep making nutritious, fun, and yummy lunches - a tall order at times. As promised, I'll share photos and ideas some day. ;) Mondays I spend volunteering at Amanda's school, and she seems to like running up to me at random times and wave a chicken wing at me, with a cheerful, "Hi Mommy!" I treasure that expression of love.

Abigail is talking a lot. So much, that it can be classified as too much, heh heh heh. Her ideas have now materialized into a deafening crescendo. At times very joyfully, but other times in a heap of mad all over the floor. She is a passionate child that emotes quite a bit. And if this mom can pick and choose the battles a bit better, I think she would have less going on in the tantrum department. Sigh. She is a happy-go-lucky and intelligent girl; I'm working on bringing these attributes out to the forefront more.

I haven't been able to scrapbook in a long time, but this one really tumbled out of me; therapy in artform:


(click for credits)

Since I've come back from a Bay Area business trip, I have had fun post-processing photos. There are new sessions up on my photo blog if you'd like to see what I've been up to:


(click image to be whisked away to the photo blog!)

Aww, look at the time! Get to bed, young lady! Okay, off I go... more later.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yay! I'm glad to see you are still here! Loved your post and how you described your daughters. The layout is scrumptious and that photo of the baby is stunning.

I enjoy seeing what you are up to when you get the chance to post (no pressure)

I want to thank you for the kind words you leave on my blog, they make me smile!

Sandra said...

sooooo, I wondered where you went :-)
I'm loving your layout, it's so neat. And ofcourse your photography rocks!

Andrea said...

You are so talented! Glad to see that you're still around!

Lisa said...

It's amazing how busy life can get and then when you turn around, weeks or months have passed.

My plate hasn't been very balanced lately...it's been tipping over. I'm trying to make adjustments so I can enjoy everything rather than spend my time playing catch up, but it sure is a struggle at times.

Great to see your blog pop up in my Reader! I always enjoy hearing about what's up with you.

Anke said...

good to see you are still around! Both that page and the photo are stunning! You are such an artist! I wish I could take photos like you! You sound like one busy lady, buzzing around for business trips!

Template Design | Elque 2007