Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Amanda and Abigail

Musings of a 6-year-old

Amanda: "Mom, I just love the way Abby's diapers smell like baby powder."
Me: "Me too. I'll miss the 'baby' smell once she's potty-trained."
(long pause, followed by a furrowed brow)
Amanda: "Were there diapers in the nineteens?"
Me: "Uh, you mean the 1900's when Mom and Dad were born?"
Amanda: "Yes, the nineteens."
Me: "Yes. There were diapers back in the dark ages."
Amanda: "Wow."

...

Abigail, the 2-year-old instigator

Abigail: "Momma, Manda hit me."
Amanda (with scrunched face): "She's lying! I did NOT!"
Abigail: "Oh sorry, Manda."
Amanda (unscrunches face): "Okay, turkey burger."
Abigail (with scrunched face): "I not tookey boogah! I Abby!"
Amanda (with mocking voice): "Oh sorry, Abby burger."
Abigail (replacing scrunch with smile): "Okay, Manda. Puhfect."


My kids - they are a hoot. They can't stand to be apart from one another, yet they can't stand to be together at times. :) At this moment, they are happily tucked into each other, blissful in dreamland:



Isn't Abigail's jowl the cutest?

10 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

So cute Heather! I love that - the nineteens!!

What is that font on the pic called... I have been looking for one like that for ages!

Sort of like traveling typewriter, but grungier!

Kate :)

Kimberly White said...

I so enjoy a peek into their sweet conversations! And your girls are so lovely Heather! Thanks for sharing this!
Kim

Brenda said...

Too cute! Emma and Meena have that love/fight relationship so often now. It drives me crazy, but makes me laugh all at the same time. Welcome to our new jobs as referees!

Brenda said...

P.S. I almost thought that was YOU next to one of the kids. How much Amanda is starting to look like her mommy!

Angela2932 said...

What a gorgeous photo! Your two sweeties are as photographically adorable as they are verbally adorable!

Kari said...

I seriously want to snuggle right in with them!!!! Love their little "exchanges" ... priceless!

Jaime said...

Heather, your girls are soooo adorable! Don't you just love the things kids say? I'm so glad you shared this . . . totally made me smile. :)

Anke said...

Oh my, that is the most precious picture ever!!!! They are just so darling!

Jen Wolff said...

That pic is the sweetest. My boys still sleep together...for now. Jared is kinda wanting to start to sleep solo and Nick feels rejected when he brings it up. It makes me sad because I feel like Jared is growing up too fast and long gone will be the days of snuggling the bro.

Anonymous said...

This pictures looks like you and I.. so adorable..

Naomi

Template Design | Elque 2007