Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's a happy day... freebies for you

{lots of photos here!}

::life::
Ahh, to be happily occupied with life. I must say it's been a great summer. Amanda passed two levels of swimming - a huge accomplishment for a child that used to be terrified of the water. That's my sweet Panda; slow-to-warm is her modus operandi. Abigail is so chatty these days. Her little words might not be so clear, but they are like beautiful music to my ears. When you ask her, "How are you doing?" she replies, "Guck." Her way of saying "good". So extremely precious. Abby will drag books to me all day long, so between both my girls' insatiable appetite for books, I'm one mom with hardly a voice left by day's end.

::layouts::
I'm long overdue in sharing these-

This is actually me, jumping in the air.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
A hybrid accordian album-



A thank you card set for my sister's belated birthday gift (well, at least it was in time to send out for your post graduation notes, right?)
Photobucket
Photobucket

::happy birthday to me::
Since it's my birthday and the last day of the ScrapMatters Grand Re-opening celebration, I created some freebies to give to you:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Edited: Freebie is no longer available - thanks for looking!

I have a challenge and rolodex giveaway posted on the ScrapMatters team blog, so go check it out!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

credits here and here

13 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 15 Aug [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Carol said...

Heather your work is simply gorgeous. You have been very busy.
Did I see a fleeting comment that it is your birthday? YOUR BIRTHDAY! If I read correctly, happy birthday. I hope you have a wonderful day and are totally spoilt.

Jeanne said...

Oh wow! What a terrific post. Lots to see and catch up on. It's wonderful. Your layouts are simply amazing and your talent tremendous. Congrats to both your daughters for their accomplishments this summer.

And Happy Birthday to YOU! Enjoy your special day.

Anke said...

Happy B'day Heather and thanks for the freebies. Your LOs are beautiful as usual, I love the dance one especially. Those rolodex cards are so cute!

Kari said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend!!! Totally loving your pages and freebie - can't wait to go and buy a rolodex :) You amaze and inspire!!

Ljonezy said...

Wow you have really been busy! It's amazing how wonderful all your items are - see what I miss when I have my head in the sand! Also Happy Belated Birthday. It was so nice to catch up with you today in the chat room.

Jen Wolff said...

Happy Birthday my dear digi friend!! LOVE your goodies!!! In my not so copius spare time I need to make some of these! Love that sight word rolodex project! Adorable!!!! Has Amanda started home school?

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Hey, thanks for the freebie!

I was wondering how you made the rolodex cards? I'm trying to make some using a kit from Kristie's. Right now I'm using your rolodex template on top of what I want as the background and am erasing all around it until it's the same shape as your template. It's super tedious. Is there a simpler way?

Also, I'm not sure if you know this answer but I'd thought I'd ask anyway (if you don't know, that's FINE). I want to add the rolodex cards to my blog (alliebrownslayouts.blogspot.com) as titles to all my sidebar elements. But the problem I notice is that when I save it with a transparent background on a PNG file that the background of the image (where it should be transparent) becomes a pale blue, looking tacky. Do you know how to make the background of the image transparent so that it shows up on my blog that way?

Sorry for the million questions!

Happy Birthday.

Alliebrownie@gmail.com

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I figured out the way to not have to use the stinkin' eraser! So nevermind on that question.

listgirl said...

Hey Heather! I haven't visited your blog in a while... I love those rolodex cards you made! They're fantastic!

Chrystal said...

Wow Heather, you do amazing work! Thanks for the freebies!

Krista said...

Back at you Heather:) Hello and a belated Happy B-day! Love the LOs here!

Julianne said...

hey, you gave away free stuff on YOUR birthday!??!?! happy birthday my friend. i thought of you while i was on my honeymoon!!! :-) btw, gina looks so pretty. i love her graduation card!

Template Design | Elque 2007